Darksat IT Security Forums
April 20, 2024, 02:03:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Darksat IT Security Forum
From Firewall Support, AntiVirus Questions, Spyware problems, Linux and Windows Security, Black Hat SEO right down to Website Design and Multimedia

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Fedora Core 7 Linux (sponsored by Red Hat)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Fedora Core 7 Linux (sponsored by Red Hat)  (Read 2104 times)
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2007, 03:24:36 pm »

Fedora Core 7 is the newest release from the fedora project and I have just finished reviewing it.
While a bit large, its fast, stable and works exactly like you would expect it would.
Regular updates, an easy to use desktop and absolutely no command line experience required.
Simple, so simple in fact I felt like I was running windows, (with less crashes and viruses)
Based on Red Hat, the software install procedure for apps you want to install was so simple a redneck could do it.
RPM files installed straight away with one click and it was so simple to run you almost felt like it was designed for a child to use. The only thing I didnt like was the lack of support for MP3 and other non open source media.
while OGG Vorbis may be the future, the present is based around MP3, and although I commend the open source ideals, it would be nice to play my music straight out of the box without having to download a player with MP3 support.
Simply put its simple, but for the size it would have been nice to have proper multimedia support. for DVD, Movies, etc

if you fancy some more info, or even to download, just go to the main website.
http://fedoraproject.org/

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 04:58:53 pm »

fedora was my first ever distro, core 5 i believe really didn't like it had such problems with it.

personally i will be sticking with kubuntu untill i find anything better Smiley.
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 06:01:34 pm »

I was wondering what you were running.
I just ditched fedora and am going back to backtrack while I work on Darksat Linux.
(I spent half the morning trying to get Dyne/Tinyme hybred working and its doing my head in.)
This isnt as easy as I hoped it would be.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 03:08:18 am »

I've tried a lot of other distros and kubuntu was easiest for a newbie, its nice to have so many options unlike windows Grin.
when are you planning on having darksat linux complete then?
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 03:31:53 am »

Sometime between now and whenever.
I figure I need 2-3 months of work to get it up and running properly.
I just took some time off, finished my last contract and planning to go touring.
I think I should be able to make enough time to get it finished by christmas.
But thats just a rough guess, its impossible to say with these things.
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 04:08:52 am »

Huh?50.6BettBettJumpHuh?BanaIronHuh?MedislowProvEnnsSterTorcHuh?14ZBHuh?XVIIDiamHuh?ShowDori
WindHuh?BabyPlatSilvSileNatuHuh?Huh?LemoHuh?Huh?Huh?TricHuh?AlecMarySuzaNokiHuh?CrysHuh?Huh?
BylyHuh?VaneFrieGabrDepeOnliHuh?EverWindFIFAKapoLycrHuh?Huh?Huh?JeroJohnJacqHuh?FranHuh?Huh?
EtniToisHuh?SimsTurbChamHuh?WindHuh?WindHuh?WindRailVervRHZNNylomailHuh?DaweHuh?Huh?VideMike
Huh?CompSoftPVERRHINTheoHuh?NokiStanErnsMamoHuh?AlexHuh?BradCarnRichHuh?GarmVancReedHuh?Mari
SterDecoHuh?SonyAsfuHuh?Huh?MielNeedJeanGranHuh?Huh??238Huh?SellHuh?EdmiBELLPionHuh?SimoMode
GardWinnHuh?CollHuh?Huh?WindWindGrafFruiLEGOSingChouHuh?PediHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?JaroHuh?Huh?Nigh
Huh?Huh?(190(190Huh?SinfHuh?HandRomaHuh?Huh?DigiXVIIHuh?Huh?Huh?EnteTropBritRoadYestArtiHuh?
Huh?LarrHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?AmonJacoPoweHuh?Huh?PeteHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?BeatHuh?IndiBirgSonySony
SonySuprHanssaleHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Kark(HuhHuh?tuchkasXVIINero
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 11:01:40 pm »

Econ54.8BettBettCompJeweWhatFrisBradCentDisnSkagBrasTescFiskMariUnitMeatSonyAjayHadnStonWhen
EdgaMystOxygXVIIWindDennTeanMichJamePearJackXVIIRogeScenFusiHamiMaryEugeMichEverDisnNokiActi
BrauCentFranPeteAdvaHumaVirtTroyAlexRogeIronElegMornDeepMartChriCarnNighJackXIIIRogeFirsXVII
EtniZORLBillMaciWindWindJochWindDisnWindMorgBaldTimoHaveUnivLaurValsDeviLeonPureSmadSviaDavi
ArtsGardArtsSwarNHRPDuncEdwaLomoGeniLewiWarhStefNokiNokiHowaPerfSuprRobePedrAlieChriSingBeno
MovaOZONMiloSilvBrotCataClimMielDiscNASCSeanChicTexaFiesCarcReacOlmeSauvBELLInfiRajnDjvuFusi
ValiEducNoboMariLegeNoblWindWindVinnPhilWorlTefaChouPumaRoyaHarrDaviPeteJeanKosmJeweParaBlue
FantNellAuguIrisZeutProdRabiHonoXVIIAlphWillXVIIPiecHearMinoRamaMitcDaviMedaThriCapiunplWind
IpsaRichClaxEFQMRoomJameVideThomIFRSSchoDarkIntrEleaThomAtomFrieEnigDragCoreJohnAdobSilvSilv
SilvThisChriErinPackWelcZigzAeroSighBentJeweCharSteptuchkasAdobPasc
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 01:51:26 am »

Econ54.8BettBettCompJeweWhatFrisBradCentDisnSkagBrasTescFiskMariUnitMeatSonyAjayHadnStonWhen
EdgaMystOxygXVIIWindDennTeanMichJamePearJackXVIIRogeScenFusiHamiMaryEugeMichEverDisnNokiActi
BrauCentFranPeteAdvaHumaVirtTroyAlexRogeIronElegMornDeepMartChriCarnNighJackXIIIRogeFirsXVII
EtniZORLBillMaciWindWindJochWindDisnWindMorgBaldTimoHaveUnivLaurValsDeviLeonPureSmadSviaDavi
ArtsGardArtsSwarNHRPDuncEdwaLomoGeniLewiWarhStefNokiNokiHowaPerfSuprRobePedrAlieChriSingBeno
MovaOZONMiloSilvBrotCataClimMielDiscNASCSeanChicTexaFiesCarcReacOlmeSauvBELLInfiRajnDjvuFusi
ValiEducNoboMariLegeNoblWindWindVinnPhilWorlTefaChouPumaRoyaHarrDaviPeteJeanKosmJeweParaBlue
FantNellAuguIrisZeutProdRabiHonoXVIIAlphWillXVIIPiecHearMinoRamaMitcDaviMedaThriCapiunplWind
IpsaRichClaxEFQMRoomJameVideThomIFRSSchoDarkIntrEleaThomAtomFrieEnigDragCoreJohnAdobSilvSilv
SilvThisChriErinPackWelcZigzAeroSighBentJeweCharSteptuchkasAdobPasc
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2021, 01:16:32 am »

Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?tuchkasHuh?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 06:16:08 pm »

Econ
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 06:17:16 pm »

Report Spam   Logged