Darksat IT Security Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:59:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Darksat IT Security Forum
From Firewall Support, AntiVirus Questions, Spyware problems, Linux and Windows Security, Black Hat SEO right down to Website Design and Multimedia

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Job market?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Job market?  (Read 5409 times)
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2008, 05:37:46 am »

Anyone else finding the current job market a kick up the ass, I cannot find a job to save my life.
A month ago when I didn't need a job their was quite a lot im my field but now I can't find 1, I'm even struggling to find 1st line support now (not that I'm looking but they where spamming my field before).
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

trace
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 02:55:06 am »

Hi,

Well, what type of jobs are you looking for?

I think everyone's tightening their belts with petrol prices, food prices, credit crunch, can't get a loan, the minimum wage is also rising to £5.72/hr in october tp help people meet the prices of the above.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 06:36:37 am »

I want a desktop support job, but not 1st line support!

Wish I could move country for a job but I have fuck all in savings!
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 09:34:38 am »

Well I am out of the UK now (thank god) so I dont know that much but I am still getting loads of emails from english recruitment agents so there must still be jobs out there.
As for moving to another country, you could move somewhere cheaper like gibraltar/south spain.
(cheap ryanair flight to malaga, camp on the beach, spend money in spain for cheap and earn stirling in gibraltar).
(Loads of IT companies there as well as its vat free and has special tax status).
Aim Higher as well.
IT Support for one of the Gambling companies in Gibraltar would pay well.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 02:36:10 pm »

You have to speak another damn language, would these companies like support you to live their at all?

Moving country I would love to do but its all cost you know, their not really going to support someone that is just a IT support guy.

But I guess you mean camp on the beach meaning don't pay for renting a room, yeah?
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 02:59:25 am »

They speak english in Gibraltar, its part of the UK.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibraltar
And spanish is easy to learn if you fancy a Job in spain.

As for companies supporting you, probably not, but all you need is enough money to live a month.
In fact I know a cyprus umbrella company that will give you cash advance once they recieve a signed timesheet, so you could even get an advance after a couple of weeks possibly. and it normally takes less time for an international transfer (24hours) than an internal country one.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 04:33:20 am »

I take it thats like the easiest county to move to, considering its classed as part of the UK?

Say I wanted to move to canada, I take it I would have to go through loads of things to even consider stay in the country?
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 05:09:13 am »

Anywhere in the EU is easy for you to work legally.
Canada, USA, Australia & New Zealand are harder but not impossible.
My year in New Zealand I just went on a 1 year working holiday visa.
Took me 6 months to get the visa though.
To Live permanenetly in Aus or NZ you need to set up a company and employ about 4 local people or have a company hire you for life.
Canada you need to meet specific criteria in order to qualify for residency.
I think I meet the requirements by about 1 point so its fairly stringent.
Or you could just marry a girl from there.
 Wink

For a UK person the only places that speak fluent english are Gibraltar and Ireland, however a lot of places in europe will hire someone who is just speaking english.
Italy, France, Germany, and Spain have enough nationalistic pride to not want a foreign speaker but Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemberg, Sweden, Norway plus a lot of other countries all tend to learn it in school.
I have worked in Austria twice and I speak very poor german, however most austrians speak fairly good english.
I also worked on Sites in Rotterdam & the Netherlands with no problems.

Pick somewhere and then work out a way to make it happen.
I picked Gibraltar cause the weather is fantastic, you earn good and you can spend money in Spain, Portugal and Morocco fairly cheaply. plus its english speaking, you earn stirling, its VAT free, and getting a place across the border in spain to live would be very cheap.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 06:21:15 am »

A number of British and international banks have operations based in Gibraltar. Recently, many bookmakers and online gaming operators have relocated to Gibraltar to benefit from operating in a regulated jurisdiction with a favourable corporate tax regime. However, this corporate tax regime for non-resident controlled companies is due to be phased out by 2010.

Damn it

All Gibraltarians are entitled to free health care in public wards and clinics at the hospital and primary health care centre. All other British citizens are also entitled to free of charge treatment on the Rock on presentation of a valid British passport during stays of up to 30 days. Other EU nationals are equally entitled to treatment on presentation of a valid European Health Insurance Card. Dental treatment and prescribed medicines are also free of charge for Gibraltarian students and pensioners.

Could be expensive!

It sounds nice though, Only 2 places I've ever wanted to live though are Canada and Italy Grin, but think I might look at jobs in gibralta Cheesy.
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 07:22:03 am »

Italy is very cool, love the atmosphere, government isnt fantastic though, berlusconi is a complete twat.
As for Gibraltar, live in spain, work in Gibraltar.
http://www.recruitspain.com/relocationGibraltar.asp
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 08:32:39 am »

So how I'm reading it is that I need to have a job and a flat before I can get a work permit?

Q: Where do I go to apply for a residency permit and what should I take with me?

A: Applications for residency can be made to the Immigration Department at New Mole House, Rosia Road (Tel: 00 350 71543) between the hours of 9:00am and 12:45pm.

The applicant must appear in person and should have available the following documents:

1)   Certificate of Terms of Employment from the Employment and Training Board.

2)   One passport photograph

3)   Passport, identification card

4)   Proof of present residence (availability of place to live) e.g. lease, rental, contract, electricity, rates and water bill.

5)   £5.00 cash to pay application fee.
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 09:21:06 am »

Nah, your a UK & Eu citizen, thats only for non-eu citizens.
Besides, get a flat just across the border in the bay of gibraltar.
La Línea is just across the border and way cheaper, Algeciras is a bit further but bigger.
Googe Map

Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 11:57:03 am »

I think I'm going to have to go over their to find propertie arn't i?
I can't find anything in my price range online!
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 10:01:51 am »

Find a job first. you can always grab a room in a hostel or camp on the beach for a couple of weeks if need be.
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 07:15:47 pm »

Huh?388.8Huh?BettHuh?Huh?WireFranHuh?JerzJuleHuh?Huh?Huh?DancHuh?XVIITescHuh?lineHuh?GreeHuh?
Huh?25-1DottAtlaHuh?LaurTwisMaxiHuh?ChriHuh?Huh?Huh?PatrBlenWellAhavPalmColgHuh?SorePantKwei
Huh?Huh?BonuGrimHuh?EasyWindFELIThieHuh?Huh?MichHuh?MyriVIIISelaFeliPaliNikiNikiHuh?Huh?Pete
PeteHuh?GeorHuh?Huh?Huh?AndyMiyoFlasHuh?MORGZoneHuh?AndrJannRusiZoneHuh?ZoneZoneHenrZoneZone
Huh?ZorbHuh?PaulHuh?PedrHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?JohnHuh?XVIIStepAstoHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?WillHuh?Anto
Huh?Huh?Huh?LighHuh?MABECataBekoBesswwwnHangFavoSympPJ22Huh?MistHuh?NISSHuh?FORDHuh?WithAvan
1170Huh?ScieHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?StarWindHuh?NeilBoscHuh?Huh?ChowHuh?MagiHuh?Huh?Huh?XVIIHuh?Huh?
DarkHuh?Huh?TituHuh?Huh?Huh?wwwbHuh?EditHuh?Huh?Huh?RecoHuh?LonemediHuh?Huh?TerrHuh?(HuhPush
TombHuh?Huh?MicrHuh?BeatHuh?PoweHuh?Huh?Huh?JuliHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?PilkApplHuh?Huh?Huh?LighLigh
LighSamsVietHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?tuchkasHuh?Susa
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: