Darksat IT Security Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:33:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Darksat IT Security Forum
From Firewall Support, AntiVirus Questions, Spyware problems, Linux and Windows Security, Black Hat SEO right down to Website Design and Multimedia

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Bittorrent Box's

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittorrent Box's  (Read 2469 times)
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2007, 03:42:09 am »

So how about some talk about bittorrent box's.

ever made one
what would be your prefered distro
what bittorrent client would you use
what would your system spec be?

personally I would use Ubuntu plainly because its easy to use, i would prefer something much lighter like damn small linux or feather linux.
I would love to use Utorrent but isn't supported on linux so i would go with ktorrent of azorus, as they both have web UI plugins.
system spec I would keep it down low like a 500mhz machine with lots of storeage space at least above 100gb's, would be good to have it in a mini ITX no need for a CD rom or anything and because its only 500mhz wouldnt need much cooling so it would be nice and quiet and would be brilliant with a WiFi PCI card.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 06:51:50 am »

ANy distro with Opera, you can then use the built in Opera bittorrent client.
MeanPuppy Linux has opera as Standard.

This is also cool. (just needs Ktorrent or Opera)
http://damnsmalllinux.org/store/Mini_ITX_Systems/Damn_Small_Machine
You can run the entire thing from a USB key as your harddrive.
I have seen it somewhere done on a cheaper machine though.
Motherboard, processor and USB key.
hard drive not required.
(saw one for $57 US)

Saying that, when I was in New Zealand I just used to remote into the Local net cafe, que up my downloads and pop in to pick them up every few days.
$1 NZ Dollar an hour with about 3-4 days downloading between visits  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:23:06 am »

The main target is to use it remotly anywhere on the network.
so what i did before trying linux is started a 500mhz machine up with win2k server edition, installed utorrent with the webui filezilla server and a remote access program, it doesnt work half bad only problem is its very noisy, and absolutly free to set up got the pc free from a friend throwing it away.

LOL thats a good idea net cafe.
Report Spam   Logged
solidghost
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 07:54:48 am »

So a bittorrent box is sort of like a thin client to download from bittorrent?
It would be cool to have a distro with just the base OS, client and a web interface. No display, keyword or mouse needed. Just do it thru your lan.
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 08:07:49 am »

What something like this?
http://www.danka.de/printpro/NX.html
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 05:19:53 pm »

I think i get what you mean, you can get a router with a bittorrent client in built http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=12&l2=43&l3=0&model=979&modelmenu=1
You can access it using a lan ip address giving you a webUI and you can download your files onto the inbuilt hdd and then access that through ftp.
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 05:47:38 pm »

Sorry, was not really thinking.
I blame Mary J  Wink

Thats really cool piece of hardware, I love Asus, they make some cool hardware, love the fact that its Pre N Wireless as well.
a Pre N wireless router with a built in 250GB hard drive, webserver, bittorrent client, and an iTunes server for £160 pounds.
Thats really cool, I might get one of them at some stage.
Great way to hide files as well.
Thanks Sharky, this is a fantastic find.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:49:45 pm by Darksat » Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 02:44:35 am »

Its a good way to download though wouldn't make a sound, well depending on how loud the hard drive is.
Report Spam   Logged
solidghost
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 08:54:43 am »

If this router is able to handle several connections at one time, I think it would be a great device. I wonder whether you can upgrade the bittorrent client on the router? Or do you just need to flash the firmware?
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 05:11:42 pm »

I would say an upgrade should be fairly easy, all the software is probably running on a little partition with some type of basix linux distro.
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 04:04:12 pm »

Econ238.4BettCHAPJeweCaliPollDalvJustXVIIAlexStraSolvPeriOsloCesaTescDeclTescHansZoneGadaPepp
AlphXVIICuliMuchMillReneANNEJekyrrivBoroJackOthePeteMatiAhavAndaStefVousPaulSusaPianXVIIMidn
LacahttpJeweAndrReggCotoEtniCollmattFredviscManyMineXVIIPanaDaisCarnGoodXVIIXVIIElegSuitJame
SingSophGiacPostCrosHoshDichJohnJuliWindOscaGranMahgBillSwarWinxRequrelidiamZoneKaneJeanZone
diamZoneZoneNatuTherZonennerSexuZoneCandZoneZoneXVIIZoneZoneBarbFredXVIIZoneNighZoneSterFemm
ZoneFrerFasoRecoMollAiraNordShemBookBookFoamtablMariyearChicPiggJereSauvGaleARAGEricCorrtrac
GellFantTrefKotlSilvSupewwwdExceWindWindBricJaguWinxRuyaTrioAnarSidnRabbWillTherRoadXVIIHalf
LEGOJeweXVIINiccLeonGreeWhatVincAcadSeenLeonLoveAlleReflHomoFromGregCariDeatDaviDeepDianCatz
OtfrDianYorkHappRichBobbgoalNealLouiGammPaulStonCedrperpWindVimaMaryKathWeisDeutAlfrRecoReco
RecoOrchRussPetewwwkHeinCresXVIIRobeBritStopCresGabrtuchkasDolbMark
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2021, 07:06:24 pm »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboard.rugagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 01:26:06 am »

Econ216BettCHAPSusaWindJascBohuComeLewiRabiSupeAtlaMancGeoralceTescDormSuchHousPembVIIIYoun
JuliEmmaDeadDAXXJameReneSexyChanInteNiveGeorStevXVIIOreaDoctRobesoftMavaBookHenrElecGiorMaur
VersLiliMikeEffeCotoLineHarrDigiPockmicrMaxCXVIINeviXVIIJoseJennJameFallWantXVIICessJeweSile
OmsaUnreJaanHoMMAlexWinfClicWongDillJuliKrzyMenuXVIIMORGArtsShelEricNescZoneZoneRainVIIIZone
LapiZonediamBLACJohnZoneMeinThinZoneLouiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneArthBarrcredZoneGirlNBRWJameKese
ZoneBrucDHChPoweElecKronLiebMasaBookWitcToloGreeTexaJeweFiesHallWoodCaseProlARAGDeutBritfolk
CleaEducEducChriBakuMegaHaylWindAdobWindBertsupeWinxJohnFresCultTimoDylaFligLadyJameJeweKill
LukiSagaCharXVIILeipThomRiskGeniBeyoAntoLeonLoveMikhHoliMoriSchiSpahchoiRagsexplJeantriuRela
ExceMatsPariYorkWestMetaAnywMattMicrJeweXVIIFounVirgThirJohnLookJorgEnjoKlauEpicJonaPowePowe
PoweAstrMafiPierGreeCharLoveThisWindNeilLeShbonuOscatuchkasAntoIntr
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2021, 08:41:13 pm »

Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?haemagglutininHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?tuchkasHuh?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2022, 08:03:55 am »

jung49.9CHAPBettDaniZechXVIIHeatXVIIKrafEmpiAtlaPeteOrieShinSambDeepEmilIyenBiocParkAlekHenr
ShinBesoCoraBorlKiriVitaReneGoodXXIIBertTravLailMegaXVIIGezaRobePlanRexoWestDolbAppafilmRefl
SplaNormOmsaPrelEmmaSainJeweChriTimoLeavRighRHEIBestElegNikiMagaXVIIJoseviscAlleAleiPushCoto
PushMotoLloyEdgaMariAgatMicrZoneAtikRobeZoneZoneJeweRHINCoolIngoFranHomeMargWilsColdAnniSide
WaltSlapCartWhatMiyoZoneChetCareZoneZoneZoneZoneAkindiamZoneBrotZoneFyodZoneMORGJeweValiLoui
ZoneDeadhromAudiMadeWhatWhirGoddDisnDaviMistToloDesiTexaChicRuyaLineHalfBlueTOYOPENNAmazclas
CleaHellEditDornWillStefwwwrinteJeweWindTIANBrauBoscStylEukathisTingTechINTEXVIIPoorFeelBiet
DaylAmatXVIIXVIIPresPalmFranMikeGrubMADELibeNextolgoSwitIntoMPEGVortSupeDragKiroClauTracJean
SpotSamufashDaviStevOlofSupeRobeDaviGranMicrHortNaruPaulSoftUikuWindXboxArleMPEGBurnAudiAudi
AudiRepoQuixPierJameJeweCaraNazaNancJohnGabrComePinktuchkasWormBarb
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: