Darksat IT Security Forums
September 28, 2021, 04:07:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Darksat IT Security Forum
From Firewall Support, AntiVirus Questions, Spyware problems, Linux and Windows Security, Black Hat SEO right down to Website Design and Multimedia

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

How much ASA-5505 Firewall can helpful against virus attack?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much ASA-5505 Firewall can helpful against virus attack?  (Read 1171 times)
mobi_khan

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2008, 01:23:15 am »

Hi guyz,

I daily get reports from the AV software Kaspersky about the virus attack and most infected systems. And I am seeing that there are daily dozens of virus attacks occurring.

My work is mostly concern with Risk assessment and Planning/deploying security control to reduce the risk at acceptable level.

Unfortunately I have not worked with the ASA5505 as it comes under the IT. Ok now the issue is that we are getting hit by dozens of viruses each day. Although we have deployed very good AV software Kaspersky Enterprise in our organization and its working fine as well by disinfecting the viruses but I want one more level of define and I think it will be deployed on our Firewall ASA-5505. So I just want to know what kind of internet/security control this firewall can provide us with regard to virus and malicious codes?

Please also let me know if there is any video basic training related to IP routing, NAT and Cisco ASA-5505 available?

How much ASA-5505 Firewall can helpful against virus attack?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:49:18 am »

Looks good, the inbuilt intrusion protection system looks like a good feature. if the company is paying for it I say why not. Although if you want an IDS on the cheap I recommend snort. It might be a better option to run snort as well cause there are probably more updated scan rules available for it. But asa 5505 looks liek a good (if expensive) system. I have never used it but it should provide a bit of extra security. Although you might want to look at some sort of mail filter scanner as well. ( i assume you have one on your mail server? )
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:51:17 am by Darksat » Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 01:37:54 pm »

Amwa473BettBettChriBattJameEveiNeveOnlyBattMcBaLoveReflLighMatiStuaNaviProjPierSeliWindRank
CoffJacqProgXVIIKRATPatrRroiChicMienMintSaisSenzClivJiddDilgEricThorWoodJobyItzaAmbeHenrMich
PatrBrutJohnGeisFredXVIIJeweKarlELEGGracModoModoMiltRobeSpliRoxyLuciEtheKazuMichPushVoguChan
KathMiniSelaSpliWoodOrbyNikiJackMariUndeZoneRondSelaCharYestStevBarrProfUltiAnotBrixZoneMcBa
ZoneZoneZoneqZenZoneZoneZoneChetZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneChetZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneDaniNorbMPEGKronShagBoscSamsCataNichWindRogeAlcoFallScenDaviMWYaEscoSTARCAREqXXVEncyFree
SporAlicWinxRenaActirealVermJavaDariBOWRLEGOsupeVitemailDarlAllaTastKingRatsStraMatcPaulHorr
SterSleeXVIIFranCharHamdJoseFranpicaVictCharCocoRhobAleqGeraBoreMikeTriuJohnWithCaseEugePacm
TonyBrucStevEnglBudeJennLazyPeteWindGuarSonyPrayStenAstrEvanFredPernKarrGrahColiMicrMPEGMPEG
MPEGLoveCallWelcEdmuOverSlamAeroNortRiccBrecPhilMicrtuchkasXVIISaxo
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: