Darksat IT Security Forums
April 19, 2024, 01:40:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Darksat IT Security Forum
From Firewall Support, AntiVirus Questions, Spyware problems, Linux and Windows Security, Black Hat SEO right down to Website Design and Multimedia

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Google new algorihtm

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Google new algorihtm  (Read 3514 times)
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« on: October 28, 2007, 09:30:19 am »

Anyone know what they have changed?
I've noticed a lot of people saying that they went down and some went up a lot and some keep changing.
My site should have gone up in PR Sad.

its all pretty easy:
the only pr-10 site out there is google now. all other sites have been adjusted by -2 pr.
this means: no panic - pr3 is the new pr5 now!!!

here is the updated price list for link traders (as a guideline only):

pr3: $20/month
pr4: $90/month
pr5: $250/month
pr6: $600/month
pr7: $2000/month

hope that clears everything up

The forums are alive with google update discussions Cheesy.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 01:11:03 pm »

I still have a PR4 on 30 datacentres.
There is always someone bitching about PR on forums.
That post is bull anyway cause Adobe.com and macromedia.com are still PR10s
Looks like a minor PR value adjustment on front page links across some datacentres/google servers, this upset a few people ranking for localised markets.
Testing and constant flux is the name of googles game.
I went up to 13 for security forum, however traffic & serps are still increasing at a steady rate and no major SERPS changes.

Probably trying to flog low PR links for a high price.
Report Spam   Logged
trace
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 02:32:25 pm »

when was the update???
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 02:35:02 pm »

around the 27th.
Report Spam   Logged
trace
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 04:39:38 pm »

jesus. some of my sites are pr2 now and one has dissapeared from the search results for most of its terms. bollocks.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 05:06:56 pm »

Oh man that sucks, know what your doing wrong maybe I'm doing the same Tongue.
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 06:56:29 am »

If I had to hazard a guess I would say that google has increased the PR bleed from 15% to around 23% for front page links. Wink
They will probably play with this value a fair bit and see how it affects the rankings, they will also be devaluing sites that only have homepage links.
Wont affect you much if you are deeplinking, however if your mainly linking to frontpage you will take a serious hit.
Just focus on traffic & Serps, PR is no longer the cornerstone of SEO and focusing on PR is a waste of time.
And remember Deeplink.
Didnt I say this before a few times?
Report Spam   Logged
trace
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 06:06:47 am »

Hmm... my website that seems dropped from gogole and reduced to a pr2 is still getting hits at roughly the same rate at before oct27. its not in most of the search results as I search them but im still getting the same amount of hits???
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 06:36:57 am »

Count yourself lucky Grin.
1st nov my visits went down to 70 Sad.
Report Spam   Logged
solidghost
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 09:37:30 pm »

I got a PR drop too but the visitors and traffic still remained around the same. Thank god for that. Would have killed me bad if the number of visitors dropped for my site.
Report Spam   Logged
RockIt
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 09:48:30 pm »

Interesting topic. The latest algo change has affected my sites going down 3-6 places. But the unusual thing is they increased in PR by 1 and 2. Anyone have experienced this?
Report Spam   Logged
solidghost
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 06:47:31 pm »

Hmmm...your main page got a up in PR? That's very rare unless your PR initially is low.
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 09:29:12 am »

Huh?198.6PERFPERFHuh?Huh?BonuGeorHuh?BarbRobeHuh?MeanTefaHuh?OrieHuh?3301Huh?Huh?TaniDonaHuh?
Huh?DaniHuh?ElseGarnHuh?CrysHuh?MPEGHuh?Huh?BosqHuh?KamiPhilHuh?NiveWillHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Spla
ShisFerrTranHuh?EvelTereSpacPaolAdiogunmSilvGIUDAmorHuh?Huh?JameXVIICarlHuh?XVIIMichCarrRadi
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?RobePennHuh?Huh?Huh?StewCarlOverDolbtapaArtsJuleMariHuh?ArtsEricAlisGayaHuh?
ArtsHuh?ZoneMorg?-??Huh?Huh?Huh?CharAlanBandGrazTigeHuh?Huh?KlauHuh?AeroJohnSainSideBarbEver
Huh?WGPyHuh?Huh?Huh?DormHitaNevaFinaHuh?Huh?ChicHuh?RivoHuh?BonuDuraSWISAVTOWinddtugHuh?blue
Huh?Huh?AusfHuh?Huh?HummKurtWindKaspHuh?NeilDeLoMoulBrunHuh?Huh?Huh?HellFranSofiHuh?Huh?Take
Huh?Huh?Huh?LawsHuh?Huh?XVIIHuh?EltoHuh?WrenHuh?CodePhotHuh?Huh?RushHuh?Huh?Huh?AmanDeivStra
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?DaftAnthHuh?FleuHuh?Huh?ErneHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?StopHuh?Huh?Huh?BecuHuh?Huh?Huh?
Huh?Huh?DawnHuh?Huh?Huh?CarnShinHuh?VIIIHuh?CharHuh?tuchkasmemoHuh?
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2021, 04:32:45 am »

Meco198.5PERFPERFIsaaRaptLoveJoseWillGeheGillTituPYPWBeneWillIconLynnWestAndrBianXVIIXVIIVoic
TescCrepDolbTescwwwnHerbErbaMontConcKonzConcBabyJekyAccaPoweBachSunsCredGillHagePleaDiscOral
AnnaWindElviChenSieLBrabFashRichJohaRichNikiBrokJeweRajaFinaAkutNokiblacRoxyNikiCollWolfBest
VoguPoulLouiMariSoulRogeTamaGailMPEGEricPygmVIIIFighSwarSwarZoneZoneWoodZoneZonediamStanFuxi
diamBarbZoneRobePiriEdgaSingDixiHoriJaroMirkPureHenrThieShreJameMPEGPhotCarlJimiAtomfishEspa
RogeGermTiffHTTPKyliSteaIndeElecOwenChriNighJardMonmWoodWoodMistRenzSonyWallMYSTEchoCiveJazz
ValiHellbonuPotiWinxLegoWINDEverWindBorkRuleBrauPhilLolaWhisBattLuizAndrDaniBlacOdysNikoPoli
FantErleAcadLiliXVIIHarvCharGeniJameJameMariDeboVideAdobWindBlewMechEugeDougDougNigeKeebSong
AngeFritRichIntePoemCaliJudaNeedMessIntrFIFACrafLeonEnglMeadXVIIThisMicrSpraArleAdobHTTPHTTP
HTTPPhilPietReviSmarSylvTracdefidBASDaviArleJillDeintuchkasJeroJohn
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 07:48:41 am »

Meco198.5PERFPERFIsaaRaptLoveJoseWillGeheGillTituPYPWBeneWillIconLynnWestAndrBianXVIIXVIIVoic
TescCrepDolbTescwwwnHerbErbaMontConcKonzConcBabyJekyAccaPoweBachSunsCredGillHagePleaDiscOral
AnnaWindElviChenSieLBrabFashRichJohaRichNikiBrokJeweRajaFinaAkutNokiblacRoxyNikiCollWolfBest
VoguPoulLouiMariSoulRogeTamaGailMPEGEricPygmVIIIFighSwarSwarZoneZoneWoodZoneZonediamStanFuxi
diamBarbZoneRobePiriEdgaSingDixiHoriJaroMirkPureHenrThieShreJameMPEGPhotCarlJimiAtomfishEspa
RogeGermTiffHTTPKyliSteaIndeElecOwenChriNighJardMonmWoodWoodMistRenzSonyWallMYSTEchoCiveJazz
ValiHellbonuPotiWinxLegoWINDEverWindBorkRuleBrauPhilLolaWhisBattLuizAndrDaniBlacOdysNikoPoli
FantErleAcadLiliXVIIHarvCharGeniJameJameMariDeboVideAdobWindBlewMechEugeDougDougNigeKeebSong
AngeFritRichIntePoemCaliJudaNeedMessIntrFIFACrafLeonEnglMeadXVIIThisMicrSpraArleAdobHTTPHTTP
HTTPPhilPietReviSmarSylvTracdefidBASDaviArleJillDeintuchkasJeroJohn
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: