Darksat IT Security Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:54:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Darksat IT Security Forum
From Firewall Support, AntiVirus Questions, Spyware problems, Linux and Windows Security, Black Hat SEO right down to Website Design and Multimedia

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Telnet

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Telnet  (Read 2500 times)
G33KF3R
Expert

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2008, 05:16:11 pm »

Hello Guys.....  Grin

I'm learning telnet, but I need a tool that can scan ports..

anyone knows a good one??   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:28:00 am »

nmap
Report Spam   Logged
Joygasm
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 08:25:02 am »

I like your short and sweet answer D5 Tongue But of course, it's the one and only Wink No need for explanations Cheesy And to jaun, be careful while using port scanners. I believe in most countries it is legal(but some countries have a grey area in laws that could potentially cause trouble) and from what I've read, some ISPs may drop you if used in excess(due to not wanting certain servers banning their ranges due to a potential threat)
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 09:20:44 am »

Yeah you can set it up so it has a long delay between scanning so thats recommended if your scanning for a black hat reason, other than that I wouldn't bother hitting stealth mode Grin.
Report Spam   Logged
G33KF3R
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 12:33:01 am »

Hello Guys.. I'm using Telnet.. and I want to connect to laptop from my desktop .. I have 2 diferrert connections to the internet(companys) but when I enter "Telnet XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. " it says something about that " It could no open connection to the host, on port 23: connection failed" .. so I tried other port and other.. and nothing .. the same thing everytime..

so what I'm doing wrong... Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 02:47:08 am »

are you using the right ip address?
Report Spam   Logged
Joygasm
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 08:23:25 am »

Are you in windows or linux on the laptop? You have to have a telnet daemon running to connect to it. Without something listening, there's nothing to connect to.
Report Spam   Logged
G33KF3R
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 01:59:13 pm »

Yeah.. I'm using Windows XP in both machines... and yeah I'm using the right IP..
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 03:51:02 pm »

I'm stumped, have you setup telnet to go via another port or something.
port scanners can find it hard to pick up on a non standard port and can be very time consuming, it is possible you set it up on another port and your router is blocking that port which could be a reason a port scanning isn't picking it up and why you can't access it.

I can't remember how you setup telnet on windows, but if you configures it to another port you add it after the ip e.g.
telnet 123.123.123.123:23
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 08:09:02 pm »

Probably a firewall, either the router or on one of the machines.
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 03:03:27 pm »

nazi249.2Huh?FundHuh?Huh?PeteVaghSamiXIIIJoacDunsHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?JameHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Mirc
SkarTescTescLongHuh?Huh?BylyHuh?Huh?GillAndrSinfLloyCharNiveSpicReneSchaNiveAccaHuh?HeadLave
FredHuh?StepPaolJeweHuh?Huh?Huh?BarbHuh?Huh?Huh?AndrHuh?WindSelablacNikiHundAtikPopaSideHuh?
StanStanHuh?MagdHuh?10-2Disn02-1OrsoHuh?Huh?VladFranHuh?ZoneERINZoneHuh?diamZoneZonediamHuh?
XVIIHuh?01-2Huh?MotoXVIIHuh?Huh?RogeSworGabrHuh?Insp1877Huh?Huh?Scar1281Huh?MagipapeHuh?Mike
Huh?Huh?Huh?JK-2Huh?GardHuh?PhilHuh?AstoHuh?Huh?BrigHuh?Huh?BestHuh?Huh?Huh?CaleHuh?Huh?Pian
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?HellHuh?MicrWindStarHuh?PhilBoscLoliDarsHuh?PrelHuh?(190Huh?Huh?JeweHuh?
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?EdwisoftOrbiHuh?WaltValeHuh?CreaHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?ChanHuh?DaviHuh?
RoguHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?TodaHuh?BabyHuh?InteAbbaHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?MusiJohnMicrHuh?FranHuh?JK-2JK-2
JK-2Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?FionSardHuh?Huh?Huh?Huh?tuchkasBriaHuh?
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 05:32:24 pm »

Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?tuchkasHuh?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2021, 01:13:52 pm »

Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?tuchkasHuh?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2022, 03:49:34 am »

STAL250.4CHAPFundBornJuliCindFranXVIIDaniRobePinoHeleCharStylHenrPrunSambSkanZyliZoneDaviDISC
TescFlorSterAtlaSkinWisacucuLikeComeAhavCallAmorDidnGarnSkinKiwiPalePlanJardKahlKjelPantShar
JohnRichVivaShorMikiTourOmsaBrunCaroDolbGeetRenoOmsaCircNikiCircSelanevebrowAdioSoftMargXVII
LeftEverVentBernJohaGeneKanwMorgElegXVIIGHOSZonePALIAndrCollASASASASPattNasoHappELEGZoneRHIN
WillZoneFranKarlClauRudoZoneZoneZoneZoneJameZoneZoneXVIIZoneMarkZoneZoneAstrZoneXVIIZonediam
ZoneWindMEYECresLiohSmarMoraSonyMichBuzzRadiBeatMorpChicWoodMistYPenSTARSTARVOLVMaceACUSJazz
PELOWorlEducTrenHautToloSonyBennWindCoreBOOMTextMoulPuroChowDiscRobeEarlONLIwargIntrInneYour
ThunJonaexecWillJeweJoseGeorJohnXVIIJeweLeonJohnMikhNaivPaulVadiPhilWindMLRSMantRobefashXVII
WindXVIIStepSteiXVIIDownnevePhilRossFiliamazSoulBernStevWillBryaAndrWilhTeodHansRolaCresCres
CresAnimHalfFunkExceTiinStevNazaHeatAbbeAlanXVIIJazztuchkashighSoul
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2022, 02:43:20 am »

plus423.3PERFBettMarvThunStayaffoIrwiMeditradNissGeorBertSomeTescOrbiTescSympFionRingIntrGeor
DekoDeniWherTescTerrFernGeorSincJuanBurdReadFatsEvanClubMennGarnNaivCoscLotuNatuTescSunsRoll
GeorMaleJoliCaroJohnMichPlusEnzoFastEdmuELEGElegHenrMacbHellJohnSergSupeSelaRoxyWindVoguRobe
ClivRobeSilvELEGPALIVentAnipShinClicPaliZoneMiyoSilvFlemLikeFuxiZoneTombRobeRickELEGFuxiMary
ZoneZoneZoneRossGrahErnyZoneDisnXVIIZoneJiriKennZoneGardStanBeacZoneZoneTsonZonechilZoneZone
ErneLeonBradScouModeSwisSamsMielINTESylvDaviJardPlayGlamSilbBradBecaNordSTARLaurCurtHepaCoun
ScieMEREWorlMagiMagiScagOrczLehrWindWindMoleBorkPanaSalvBoziAndrDolcSandJohaJupiLadyINTEYour
DepaEverVIIIJeanXVIIRichXVIIXVIIStefRabiBrutkoloCalvRemiAuguMaybMPEGRicaPozoSubbArthWorlMari
EnidXVIIRichDaviPassOpelKornWindhcadArtuArenElizBattLadiCombPunkHappHullNeroRandArchScouScou
ScouBrotRollSchaMadeTypeSupeAstuStonYourIntoRichmolltuchkasEnglMacD
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: