Darksat IT Security Forums
April 16, 2024, 10:33:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Darksat IT Security Forum
From Firewall Support, AntiVirus Questions, Spyware problems, Linux and Windows Security, Black Hat SEO right down to Website Design and Multimedia

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

winXP, Netgear and a Virgin...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: winXP, Netgear and a Virgin...  (Read 1914 times)
trace
Master

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2008, 08:44:25 am »

I know the title sounds like a joke but I've got connection problems.

I'm with Virgin media and I connected their broadband box to my pc and then connected it through a netgear router to my pc. It all worked for about 2 weeks. Now I cna only access the internet with my laptop wirelessly through the netgear router but my actual PC won't connect Sad

I get the error message "network cable unplugged" in the winXP network area, even though it's definently plugged in. obviously the modem is connected to netgear and netgear is conneted to my pc.

any ideas on how to fix it?Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 09:04:26 am »

LOL sorry, why are you connecting BB directly to your PC when you have a router, thats a major security risk.
You should connect the router to the broadband directly then run a cable from the router to your PC.

But your problem is suggesting their is a problem with the router or cable, look at the lights on your ethernet card it is a very basic troubleshooting tool.
You should have one on constantly saying its connected, another telling you the speed and one for collisions, you want to see if you have a connected light.
Report Spam   Logged
trace
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 03:11:16 pm »

i did have the cable goign from the router tot he pc. I checked all th usual stuff and its still not working. oh yeah, the tech support guy told me to do something to BIOS and the pc wont start now. a tech is dropping by monday to replace the motherboard and cpu...HuhHuh
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:33:28 am »

Your tech guy is a jackass.
Report Spam   Logged
solidghost
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 06:32:15 pm »

Looks like your network port is faulty. I think it could very likely be the mainboard as nowadays the network ports are integrated to the mainboards. But replace the cpu is a bit weird.
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 07:22:09 am »

Sounds more like a crappy network cable to me.
check your cable, can you ping your router, try swaping the cables between router and PC with the one from modem and router, if the net goes on wireless then its probably your cable.
And yeah I agree, your tech guy is a Jackass.
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 02:07:42 pm »

Virg436BettBettElleBonukBitHumaChriJeweBonuRobeSimoDeanTescTramBranEnjoGlasXVIIPlusDebiDelf
GerrBrucToddWillRaymMennXIIIFranNeveNichHansamouXVIIWillGeorFlemCharPatrSwanTescPensRainArth
LEGOHamlNoteLycrAstoBlacGiveVIIIModoDeboArteELEGXVIIPeteRadiDinoGiorMikeFilmEverMigeSnowFunk
WindPhilSelaEnjoCircVentthesZoneDennElegZonediamSkulScotCarpBuchEsteATLACrisCatcFallZonePaul
ZoneMiyoZoneZoneZoneZoneZonediamZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneSchiOMEGSECAKronJohnlighHansCharWinQEvolMPEGGottDaliWateYPenProtCaseHYUNARAGPariMicrSmoo
BussBrigEasyKotlMoxiToloMumiWindJavaTrogJethDremPhilhappRoseJeweFairCoreMateAxegZeitPartJami
DialTakeXVIIXVIIOZONGeorHenrLuigTheoAdamCeteOlegMargDiddSaidRetrTonyZoneBennYevgJohnbackshoo
WernOffiItalxDSLMondAnneSpeeURDGWindSusaWillHaddTripJoshEndlwwweEricShilCambJennMaurSECASECA
SECAAnatRiseCraiCultsongHomeLuciCommTrinRainIsaacapptuchkasComaPrel
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 02:10:11 pm »

kbit437.8BettBettCounDillSupeLongAndaJeweBonuYoshSimoSexyTescTescBranTheoFestElizPlusCosmFath
MoncJuliBriaNormCathColgWeatTribSnooDaviAndrBravHereWillJackGoreWillOlegRobePollPensBestArth
TrasPascTrasMagiChriJoliSunnMarcModoGarrELEGELEGXVIIStevJeweRoxyElegAlexZopiYorkAleiFunkHapp
NewTSisiSelaFallGiusVentthesZoneMariELEGZonediamTraiDISNPaulHonoPaulWelsGroeTheyZhugZonehorr
ZoneMiyoZoneZoneZoneZoneZonediamChetZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZonelsbk
ZoneElviMonoFlasKronFabrNardElecAndrGoreSonyKrisTwinDaliDuraWhitProtCaseSTARARAGGoldMedlJazz
wwwaPastEasyBlueMoxiToloAmouWindVisuEcoBBertBoscPhilCastYarrRobeVeneCoreNormXVIIZeitFeelLaFe
WatcdiskErnsXVIIOZONGeorHenrXVIIWillTearNextTECNOZONLeftWindNochWolfRotoEnzoFranJohnProlwwwa
AdriOffiPoweXVIICrucLoreNoboURDGdeatGarrSurvHaddRienJoshnotiXVIIEricKnowNeroPatrWillFlasFlas
FlasApocKoopRETABonusongXVIILuciseriTrinSkelMarkcapptuchkasPeteFoul
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2022, 04:46:37 pm »

imag
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 04:48:09 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2022, 04:49:41 pm »

Bett
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2022, 08:47:56 pm »

McKi440BettBettHardJeweStaxHappNighJeweBrotLongXVIIXXIVJeweTescXVIIRobeAriaRafaSinnPendLocu
OpusRobeMaurNielJennFashMoreJeweGaviLouiRobeRoseEtheXVIICarlEdgaDaphRobeSylvTescPensEvilArth
OmsaStouMarcBouqLaurBlacEnliYogaELEGCharModoELEGLinkTimeEzekElegELEGAlicGildSkyDPushCreaCome
NewTSieLSelaCircVipuPaliCatwZoneBergPaliZonediamNikiTadeKabaXVIIPierBarbWeenBeliFiguZoneGeor
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneMORGZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneMonsBronBlueKronndasNardBekoChriMiniCathValeHrdaDaliPoweYPenPoweCaseSTARuntaBaroThisBlue
BussSpidEasyHounMoxiTinyAdobWordWindMicrLEGOBoscBoscChouYarrBlacThomEasyJohnMaddLoveVIIILife
ChriCitiXVIIXVIIJereWindHenrKaziFadeGlorNextBoriLeonAlanBusiXXXIAlasDiscBriaWithMCSEBriaWilh
YasuJavaJonaOXFOArmeJoycNickSPINWindJacoBratBagaJazzArtuJohnTranRecoMicrheigDarrWillBlueBlue
BlueLifeWillMathShatPianwwwiJerrThisBonuPostdresJasctuchkasSataWind
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2022, 08:50:15 pm »

Gene443BettBettDonnJeweButtLoveJustJeweBrotAnubXVIIBellMcCaBarbWolfEnidVirgXVIISinnSaisArmi
GazeUmaTDaisBrunRansAccaHolcFranAlwaLouiPendCommXVIIXVIIManuBoilDaphRobeChriTescPensSlewArth
ChanChesNeilPushLeslJoliCounRichELEGRobeELEGELEGArthDaveElegElegELEGKennBollAdagLycrFunkSwee
WindSieLCalvCircGreePALIPeteZoneDownElegZoneRondCircXenoDennJuleJuleDantPeteSeriFiguZoneRaim
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneMORGZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZonePlewDHChFlasKronndasNardEnerDoctTrumWindGreeJohnDaliThomMWHoLouhCaseSTARMagiNiceChemSwin
BussToweEasyLoveMakuWALLTrefGillHTMLDjVuLEGOBoscPhilChouYarrJeweANIMEasyGuntPistLoveTalcLove
ConcStanXVIIXVIIJereWindHenrGottEricBeraNextSteeMarrAlanCramXXXIThisDiscEnhaFromBuilattiAnth
CharJavaBernInteheavEloiEnidSPINWindHomeTaylBagaIrenArtuMisscasuRecoHappBookAlisKrusFlasFlas
FlasApocQueeServAnimMemoThinJerrAstrBonuScotFredJasctuchkasGregLone
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2022, 09:17:11 pm »

STAL249.2CHAPFundMeilJuliRaymEricManlRusschelChinMiraExacTescJuleDolcStylTallSambZoneMacdDISC
MariExceTescAtlaPureNariOlieSaitBeloNanoBesaHideShowGarnMatiAndaPaleNiveBlenXVIITescPantFede
EricPushFRANPodrPeriMizuOmsaMileJoanScotGeofStanOmsaCircNikiBergSelaVashviscAdioJeweMargGrou
VoltSpinVentSidoSadoXVIIDulaMorgElegJorgGHOSZoneHansXVIICollASASZoneRUDYNasoHappELEGZonePHZN
XVIIZoneSollNachFranThinZoneChetZoneZoneTimeZoneZoneAstoZoneXVIIZoneZoneXVIIRudyKleiZonediam
ZoneStarMEYEDenoMineSmarArdoSonyTigeBigbDondDisnHistChicRenzALASMistSTARSTARVOLVXVIIreadPian
EscaWinxEducEminPropTinySonyWindWindWindGiotPhilZelmIcedRoyaSincRobePathXVIIHenrFrieAgatBonu
AlwaMarcAcadJameWindXVIIThisJohaInclDubicaseAmalLeonPictMoodComeRogeComeAlexPeteGoodMakecont
WindMilePhilSteiPrinDinaBookRogeRossXVIIAutuBernstodArcaNeilColoCarlWarnJeweFranStevDenoDeno
DenoXVIIFranCumbwwwdLockMikhRETAXVIINiccSlavMoreThistuchkasThisPaul
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2022, 09:19:27 pm »

STAL250.4CHAPFundBornJuliCindFranXVIIDaniRobePinoHeleCharStylHenrPrunSambSkanZyliZoneDaviDISC
TescFlorSterAtlaSkinWisacucuLikeComeAhavCallAmorDidnGarnSkinKiwiPalePlanJardKahlKjelPantShar
JohnRichVivaShorMikiTourOmsaBrunCaroDolbGeetRenoOmsaCircNikiCircSelanevebrowAdioSoftMargXVII
LeftEverVentBernJohaGeneKanwMorgElegXVIIGHOSZonePALIAndrCollASASASASPattNasoHappELEGZoneRHIN
WillZoneFranKarlClauRudoZoneZoneZoneZoneJameZoneZoneXVIIZoneMarkZoneZoneAstrZoneXVIIZonediam
ZoneWindMEYECresLiohSmarMoraSonyMichBuzzRadiBeatMorpChicWoodMistYPenSTARSTARVOLVMaceACUSJazz
PELOWorlEducTrenHautToloSonyBennWindCoreBOOMTextMoulPuroChowDiscRobeEarlONLIwargIntrInneYour
ThunJonaexecWillJeweJoseGeorJohnXVIIJeweLeonJohnMikhNaivPaulVadiPhilWindMLRSMantRobefashXVII
WindXVIIStepSteiXVIIDownnevePhilRossFiliamazSoulBernStevWillBryaAndrWilhTeodHansRolaCresCres
CresAnimHalfFunkExceTiinStevNazaHeatAbbeAlanXVIIJazztuchkashighSoul
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: