Darksat IT Security Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:56:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Darksat IT Security Forum
From Firewall Support, AntiVirus Questions, Spyware problems, Linux and Windows Security, Black Hat SEO right down to Website Design and Multimedia

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

help help please help

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: help help please help  (Read 4327 times)
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2007, 07:39:17 am »

I'm crappin myself right now I have a customer who wants a website, and I don't know what to do, what about tax's etc... help, oh god i need help because I'm freelance I don't need to charge tax do i?

what should i charge?
I'm planning on telling them a host to subscribe to and then I shall setup a e-commerce system for them and then install my theme I shall design, what am i doing.

damn it first customers are scary!!!

I shall be meeting up with them some time soon mybe tomorrow not sure, so i need help quick please, mostly about payments.

should i get something prepared, maybe borrow a mates laptop argh this is scary, what should i do?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:44:50 am »

Get your mates laptop and PM me a contact number if you want and I will walk you through what you need to do.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:10:03 am »

really bad time to ask for a contact number, I tried running skype but it seems like bluetooth dongle is buggered!
grr such bollocks, you can IM me over skype though or msn or email i cant think of any more things that i have installed ow or could use some IRC channel lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 10:11:44 am »

Well if you need advice on tax you can try taxaid.co.uk or ring them (0845 120 3779 between 10am and 12 midday, Mondays to Thursdays.)
your tax free allowance should be £5225 a year (I think, over £5000 anyway) so if your earning less than that you should be fine.
you shouldnt have to worry about vat as long as you are selling a service instead of a product, although I would put away about 40% of what you take from the client to cover any possible eventuality (tax, vat, etc).
The hardest part is often getting the money from the client, (invoicing, etc)
Gimme a ring if you need more advice on this.
Mike
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 12:12:38 pm »

Sorry would of replied faster but was having trouble with somthing, thats for link.

I'll have to try and find a way to call them, I think for now my most important thing to do is find out about tax then I am in the clear with legal things, and i will have to just say a load of bollocks to the customer.
I don't have a clue how im supposed to get some money, and cant even remember what invoicing means.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 06:01:21 am »

so laptop, what should i use it for, shall i build some quick websites like with different colour schemes etc?
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 08:19:12 am »

You can even use printoffs if you dont have a laptop.
You just need some examples to show the client.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 02:09:09 pm »

I hate this theirs a middle man thats sorting all this out and hes really fucking things up it makes me come off as the ass hole, I am not willing to find a frigin parking space at rush hour, so now the only thing i can do is hang around for 4 hours waiting for them.

I'm never planning on meeting anyone ever again, its email, number or instant messenger. all this is just a major annoyance, and it is getting me really damn annoyed.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 03:10:27 am »

suddenly I have a lot of business, and somehow I've ended up with a partner which I don't see the point in.
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 06:07:50 am »

If your partner handles the running around it COULD be worth it.
I have used partners for specific projects in the past, and SOMETIMES it works very well (sometimes not)

If he brings you business keep him for that, but have your own projects as well.
Be careful though, play it smart.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 08:37:23 am »

I would make him do the run around problem is that he knows very little about web design.
Report Spam   Logged
Darksat
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 01:22:19 am »

Thats far from ideal.
is he any good at business and bringing in cash?
Report Spam   Logged
trace
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 03:23:39 am »

look at it this way, after the first customer's done you'll know what you need to do in the future. have aguess and if you end up making less money than you thought due to tax etc, next time you'll know the right price.
Report Spam   Logged
Defcon 5
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 03:35:07 am »

yeah Grin, i need to put the price up for the next customer.
Report Spam   Logged
warscar
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 02:51:16 pm »

Econ208.8BettAIDSVivaStarGaleExpeSomeJoseXVIIHermJasmHoosMileWindLoreSambTescWindHughTadeStef
SpekAlicStyxLiviWindKeraPhilAtlaGAAPJackFyodDifeWestPolyVinoFredRETAPaleMichQuenMiraAnitKera
JohnAnurNintNormNighLineWindMediMoviSonysatiMcBaAureZdenOetkPrasPatrVansLucifantCircSympYell
ModeBudoEnriNelsWendStonAdobJeanDougQuanPierAeolVirgZoneEnteJeweFOTOtaglMiyoZoneWoulBarcZone
ArtsGanjdiamNothFIPRZoneVisiEricZoneWindZoneZoneZoneZoneZonediamRichWitoZoneGuitRHINGaryXVII
ZoneRaamXVIICARDMessKronVestCataBookNichPinnCHARPrelPonnCarrLukaDonaCaseSonywwwnXVIIChemFOLK
CleaEducEducEminWorlWaltKidsWindWindWindDisaValeChouCalvUrinThisPeteMarbFantSofiJameLighDwig
KerbClayDaviXVIIDaviKareStefHonoBornNighPeteGammCodeBeenNextRockJohnBillVictLastCapiattiHDMI
natiLarrwwwrWindPennBernBookwwwawwwsCafeFIFAWWIIAmerKateKlauTomaWindBeveJennEmmaThemCARDCARD
CARDWordMegaSouloberToniwwwnRuedExceCaryStevHansFivetuchkasPainMarc
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: